The Battle of Kontum Banner Image

Jack Heslin - "The Scribe"  


FSB Delta
Fire Support Base (FSB) DELTA
Photograph courtesy of the members of the 361stAWC - Pink Panthers

This Memory was provided to me at the 2005 VHPA convention in San Francisco by members of the 361st AWC “Pink Panthers” – the story of the battle around Fire Base Delta is told here by members of the unit who participated in the battle and who showed great courage in the face of intense enemy fire. It is clear to me that the actions of the 361st throughout the Battle of Kontum were critical to the successful defense of Kontum City.


(As recalled and transcribed from existing documents by Dan Jones – Panther 13)


On March 31 72 a CH-47 “Chinook” helicopter piloted by CW2 Walter Zutter was shot up and forced down while on approach to Firebase Delta (Hill 421), one of several fire support bases located along the infamous “Fire Base Ridge” near Dak To, South Vietnam. Mr. Zutter was able to crash-land his helicopter on the landing pad at Delta where the aircraft and its vital supplies were consumed by the post crash fire. Except for a broken leg suffered by the crew chief, there were no other injuries.

Over the next few days helicopter crews made several unsuccessful attempts to pick up the downed aviators and provide needed supplies and ammunition for the 2nd Airborne Rangers dug in at Delta. Each effort was defeated due to heavy anti-aircraft fire from well placed enemy positions entrenched nearby. Fire Base Delta was encircled by the North Vietnamese Army and the tactical situation there was reminiscent of Khe San except on a smaller scale.

In the evening of 2 April 72 a plan to rescue the Chinook crew, pick up wounded Rangers, and provide the fire base with needed supplies and ammunition was formulated at II Corps Headquarters. The plan was simple. At first light several “Slicks” covered by six “Cobra” gun ships would sweep in, quickly drop off supplies, snatch the downed crew and wounded rangers, then be gone before the enemy could react in force. The participants – mostly volunteers – were briefed late that evening and arose early the next morning, flying to Kontum where they topped off with fuel. It was still dark when the flight departed for Delta.

The following witness statements were written in support of awards and decorations recommended for 361st AWC crews who participated in the action that day. They should be read in context with the intent for which they were written – that of making themselves and others look good in the face of dangerous and extraordinary events in a combat environment. Most of the participants were being nominated for medals. The voice transcript includes part of the radio and cockpit communications recorded aboard the AH-1G crewed by CW2 Dan Jones (Panther 13) and CW2 Loy Maples. The recording begins at Kontum POL.

After liftoff from Kontum, the gaggle continues towards Firebase Delta and the planned rescue attempt. However, as intermittently recorded aboard the AH-1G piloted by Panther 13, radio chatter and cockpit conversation conveys a rapidly changing scenario at Delta. And as the gaggle of helicopters loiters nearby, awaiting the execution order, it is bit by bit made apparent that the mission also is changing with the breaking day. Nearly at once, all participants come to realize that events much deadlier and considerably more momentous than the intended rescue attempt were unfolding at Delta.

The NVA had chosen that morning to launch an all out assault against the fire base with an estimated two reinforced battalions.


228TH AHC (Big Windy) [?]

Big Windy (?) – CW2 Walter Zutter, Aircraft Commander
– Remaining crewmembers unknown

361st AWC (Pink Panthers)

Panther 20 – Cpt. Lynn Carlson, Flight Lead/Aircraft Commander
– Cpt. Robert Gamber, Co-pilot/gunner

Panther 15 – 1LT Michael Sheuerman, Aircraft Commander
– 1LT Ronnie Lewis, Co-pilot/gunner

Panther 13 – CW2 Dan Jones, Aircraft Commander
– CW2 Loy Maples, Co-pilot/gunner

57th AHC (Cougars/Gladiators)

Cougar 36 – Unknown Crew

Cougar 38 – Unknown Crew

Gladiator 26 – Unknown Crew

Gladiator 6 – 57th Commander

52nd CAB

Dragon 6 – 52nd CAB Commander

II Corps Senior Advisor (Regional Commander)

Rogues Gallery – John Paul Vann (USAID)

American advisor on FSB Delta

65B – CPT. O’Brien

Unknown II Corps Artillery Units

Unknown Air and Ground Units – American and South Vietnamese Army & Air Force


Statement of CW2 Walter Zutter

On 31 March 1972, I was flying as an aircraft commander of a CH-47 “Chinook” in support of the 2nd Airborne Rangers. While on short final to Firebase Delta, Hill 421, my aircraft was hit by fire from a large caliber weapon, crashed and immediately burned. My crew escaped with only one injury, a broken leg.

On 3 April 1972, we were scheduled to be extracted on a first light rescue operation. All previous rescue attempts had failed due to heavy enemy fire. As the early morning rescue attempt was about to begin, the enemy, estimated at two reinforced battalions, launched an all out ground attack to seize and destroy Firebase Delta. The enemy overran the northern sector of the perimeter and were well inside the firebase’s defensive wire when CPT Lynn A. Carlson, Air Mission Commander, 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman, and CW2 Daniel E. Jones arrived on station. We had all given up hope. The gun ships started making firing passes on our own bunkers and the northern sector of the firebase in order to stop and if possible make the enemy retreat. The enemy, sensing the danger of the gun ships, immediately directed a fierce hail of small arms fire towards the gun ships. During this battle 1LT Sheuerman’s aircraft received extensive battle damage, forcing him to depart the battle area.

CPT Carlson and CW2 Jones, disregarding their own safety, made numerous rocket and mini-gun firing passes and stopped the enemy attack.

It is my opinion that without those “Panther” gun ships we would never have survived the attack. I therefore recommend the pilots involved be decorated in an appropriate manner.

Statement of CPT Lynn A. Carlson

On 3 April 1972, I was flying as Air Mission Commander of a flight of three AH-I G Cobra gunships from the 361st Aerial Weapons Company (Airmobile), which was part of a voluntary first light attempt to extract a five man CH-47 “Chinook” crew which had been shot down on FSB Delta, Hill 421, on 31 March 1972.

Previous rescue attempts of the downed crew had been aborted as result of intense small arms and large caliber anti-aircraft fire coupled with repeated 122MM rocket and mortar shelling of the fire base.

CPT O’Brien, the Senior American Advisor on FSB Delta called and reported that the northeast and northwestern perimeters of the FSB were under a large scale human wave attack and requested immediate gunship fire. CPT Robert R. Gamber and myself in the lead Cobra and 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman and 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis in the second Cobra and CW2 Daniel E. Jones and CW2 Loy D. Maples in the third Cobra began placing immediate rocket and turret weapons fire on the objective. All aircraft immediately began receiving intense small arms and large caliber anti-aircraft fire from the northeast, northwest, and western portions of FSB Delta. Throughout the firing pass, the break and the climb for higher altitude, CPT Gamber continued to place extremely accurate suppression turret fire on the suspected locations of the hostile fire.
The second aircraft piloted by 1LT Sheuerman and 1LT Lewis sustained heavy battle damage and was forced to depart the area with a hydraulic failure. The third aircraft piloted by CW2 Jones and CW2 Maples was instructed to break off his target attack to escort the crippled aircraft to Hwy 19 where 1LT Sheuerman proceeded unescorted to Kontum Airstrip and executed an emergency running landing without further damage to the aircraft. Meanwhile, CPT Gamber had positively located and identified two large caliber anti-aircraft weapon positions west of FSB Delta from which we had been receiving the large volume of anti-aircraft fire during the previous firing pass. I immediately turned my aircraft to the west and engaged the two positions with a volley of rocket fire. CPT Gamber continued to place accurate turret fire on the positions during target disengagement and the climb to higher altitude thus temporarily suppressing the anti-aircraft fire and allowing time to reposition for another firing pass on the fire base. CW2 Jones and CW2 Maples, returning from escorting 1LT Sheuerman’s crippled aircraft rejoined the flight and positioned themselves for another firing pass. CPT O’Brien again radioed informing me that the enemy was coming through the defensive wire to the northwest and entering the FSB. I informed CPT O’Brien to remain under cover of his bunkers while direct fire from my fire team was placed in the defensive wire and directly on top of his position in a last ditch effort to ford off the attack and save FSB Delta from complete siege.

Without hesitating, CW2 Jones positioned his aircraft behind mine as the second firing pass on FSB Delta was initiated. Both aircraft again came under an intense hail of enemy small arms and large caliber anti-aircraft fire. Firing passes continued through the hail of enemy fire until both aircraft were expended. Both aircraft returned to Kontum for rearming and refueling. Once rearmed and refueled both aircraft returned to FSB Delta and remained on station while the ground commander regrouped his assets and the situation stabilized.

Statement of CPT Robert R. Gamber

On 3 April 1972, I was flying as copilot/Gunner in the front seat of an AH-1G Cobra gunship which was part of a volunteer air mission force attempting the first light extraction of the 5 man crew of a CH-47 Chinook helicopter which had been shot down on Fire Support Base Delta on 31 March 1972. CPT Lynn A. Carlson was the Aircraft Commander of my aircraft and the Air Mission Commander of the Heavy Fire Team provided by the 361st Aerial Weapons Company (Airmobile).

At dawn, the rescue attempt was abandoned because an NVA force estimated at two reinforced battalions launched a two-pronged attack along the northeast and northwest approaches to FSB Delta. CPT Carlson immediately reacted to the changed situation and attacked the northeast approaches to FSB Delta with the heavy fire team that he commanded. His entire flight immediately received intense, light automatic weapon and large caliber anti-aircraft fire.

Despite the extremely heavy volume of fire, the heaviest that I have seen in two tours in Vietnam, CPT Carlson continued to deliver his ordnance with extreme accuracy and after completing his first firing pass, immediately rolled in again on the advancing enemy. The second aircraft, piloted by 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman and 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis, had its hydraulic system rendered inoperative by hostile fire on its first pass and was forced to depart the area. After completing his second firing run on the northeast approach to FSB Delta, CPT Carlson released his only remaining wing aircraft piloted by CW2 Daniel E. Jones and CW2 Loy D. Maples, to provide 1LT Sheuerman’s aircraft with armed escort to Highway 19.
A short time after their departure for Highway 19, CPT Carlson was notified by CPT O’Brien, the Senior American Advisor on FSB Delta, that his defenses were being breached from the northwest by enemy forces. CPT Carlson, without hesitation, and despite withering enemy fire, initiated a firing pass on the northwest approach to FSB Delta, placing accurate and devastating fire upon the advancing enemy. During this pass, two 50 caliber anti-aircraft weapons were observed firing upon CPT Carlson’s aircraft and a light fire team of Cobras from the 57th AHC. CPT Carlson, not waiting for his wingman to return, immediately engaged the two anti-aircraft positions and succeeded in temporarily suppressing them.

When CW2 Jones returned from escorting 1LT Sheuerman, CPT Carlson continued to lead his fire team through the heavy enemy fire on more firing passes, accurately placing their fire on the points requested by CPT O’Brien. Upon CPT O’Brien’s request, CPT Carlson expended his fire team’s ordnance by firing onto the bunkers of FSB Delta to prevent the enemy from entering them.

CPT Carlson led his fire team to Kontum and re-armed the aircraft as quickly as possible. Although his aircraft had been damaged by small arms fire and 50 caliber fire, CPT Carlson returned to FSB Delta with his fire team and remained on station until the situation was stabilized.

Statement of 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman

On 3 April, 1972, I was flying as aircraft commander in the second ship of a flight of three AH-1G “Cobra” gunships from the 361st Aerial Weapons Company (Airmobile) “Pink Panthers.” First Lieutenant Ronnie G. Lewis was flying with me as pilot/gunner. Our flight was part of a planned first light extraction operation of a five man CH-47 “Chinook” crew which had been shot down on Firebase Delta, hill 421, four days earlier. All previous rescue attempts had been aborted due to heavy enemy fire, and therefore a first light attempt was deemed necessary. Due to the previously mentioned heavy volume of anti-aircraft fire in the vicinity of Firebase Delta, hill 421, and the numerous aircraft already lost, the mission was a strictly voluntary one.

As our flight approached the firebase from the east, the American advisor of the hill, Captain O’Brien, advised the Command and Control helicopter that his position had just come under a heavy ground assault from the northeast. He estimated at least two reinforced NVA battalions were just short of his northeastern perimeter and that his position would fall unless the gunships were committed. Our flight lead, Captain Lynn Carlson, already in position, immediately set up a long firing pass and I brought my aircraft into position behind him. As we began our gun run, the eastern slope of the hill came alive with muzzle flashes and Lt Lewis placed accurate and timely suppressive grenade and mini-gun weapons fire on many of those flashes.

As we neared the hill the enemy anti-aircraft fire increased to where we could not only see bursts of tracers going by but hear the firing as well. Lt Lewis disregarded the enemy fire and continued to engage the enemy with his weapons at the same time calling out numerous targets for my rockets. As I made my break to the north to climb to altitude for another firing pass, Lt Lewis placed devastatingly accurate fire along the perimeter of the besieged firebase and in the tree lines to the north and east.

As we climbed to the east to get into position for another firing pass a master caution light and #1 hydraulics pressure light appeared on my caution panel. I immediately completed the proper emergency procedure, notified flight lead of my situation and headed for Kontum Airfield, RVN, located to the southeast.

Due to the seriousness of the emergency situation, a running landing to the airfield was necessary to avoid further damage to my aircraft. Lt Lewis kept me advised of other aircraft, vital instrument readings and flight obstacles during our flight to the airfield. He also received and answered radio calls while I was busy on the other radios.

Due to winds and low ground fog it was necessary to make our running landing to the east at the airfield. The sun was just coming up over the ridge line to the east and I was temporarily blinded by it. Lt Lewis calmly talked me down to the runway and aided greatly in the completion of the maneuver.

Once down safely and off the active runway, Lt Lewis exited the aircraft and by the time I had shut the aircraft down he had located the bullet severed hydraulics line. His efforts and quick thinking enabled us to have the aircraft mission ready again in a matter of hours.

The saving of Firebase Delta, hill 421, has been credited to the heavy fire team of gunships from the 361st Aerial Weapons Company (Airmobile) “Pink Panthers,” by the Vietnamese Battalion Commander on Firebase Delta, hill 421, and by Captain O’Brien, the American advisor on the besieged firebase. Though only on station for a short while, Lt Lewis distinguished himself by his actions and abilities and aided the outcome of the mission greatly.

Statement of 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis

On 3 April 1972, I, 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis, was flying pilot/gunner of an AH-1G Cobra gunship with 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman, Aircraft Commander. We had been launched, along with Captain Lynn A. Carlson who was Air Mission Command, on a voluntary mission to attempt an extraction of a downed CH-47 crew on Firebase Delta.

The rescue attempt was aborted when an estimated force of two reinforced battalions of NVA launched a dawn ground attack on Firebase Delta. CPT Carlson immediately launched his attack on the advancing enemy to the northeast of the firebase. Despite the heavy automatic small arms and anti-aircraft fire, he pressed his attack, placing himself in a very dangerous and vulnerable position over the enemy. 1LT Sheuerman, in #2 position, began his gun run and with seemingly total disregard of the heavy fire, calmly continued his course, placing accurate and devastating rocket fire along the perimeter of the firebase and beneath the aircraft of CPT Carlson. As the lead aircraft began his break, 1LT Sheuerman continued through heavy fire, placing more rockets under the vulnerable aircraft, thus suppressing fire coming from below. As the lead aircraft broke and flew outbound, 1LT Sheuerman again placed his rockets along the perimeter of the firebase on the heads of the advancing enemy. As 1LT Sheuerman began his break, we could hear a heavy volume of small automatic weapons fire beneath us and we could feel bullets hitting the aircraft. 1LT Sheuerman continued outbound for another gun run when he experienced a #1 hydraulics system failure. Unable to continue with the mission, 1LT Sheuerman informed Lead of his emergency and that he would be returning to Kontum. 1LT Sheuerman followed the prescribed emergency procedure, flew to Kontum airstrip where he skillfully performed an emergency running landing putting the aircraft down without further damage to it or injury to us.
Statement of CW2 Daniel E. Jones

On 3 April, 1972, while flying as a gunship pilot in the Republic of Vietnam, the following events occurred:

A CH-47 Helicopter had been hit by enemy ground fire as it attempted to re-supply Fire Base Delta and was forced down on the landing zone. The crew escaped injury except for a broken leg suffered by the Flight Engineer. However, their plight, and that of the ARVN Soldiers and American Advisor on the fire base, had only just begun. For several days – and in apparent conjunction with increased enemy activity throughout Vietnam – the base came under heavy assault. This continued from 31 March 1972, when the CH-47 was downed, until 3 April, the day of the subject events. Numerous attempts were made during this time to rescue the downed crew, as well as provide the fire base with water and ammunition, which had become critical. The efforts had, however, been aborted because of heavy concentrations of anti-aircraft fire, and an almost constant barrage of enemy artillery hitting the landing zone.

Because of the tactical situation, it was theorized that it would be to our advantage to attempt the rescue at first light, using six gunships covering one UH-1H. By using maximum gun cover and the element of surprise, we hoped to sweep in, extract the crew, and be gone before the enemy had an opportunity to organize his resources. This was the plan as we rendezvoused at Kontum and flew towards Fire Base Delta at first light on the morning of 3 April 1972. The flight was composed of 2 or 3 UH-1H aircraft provided by the 57th AHC, a light fire team, also from the 57th AHC, and a heavy fire team from our company, the 361st AWC.

As the flight approached Fire Base Delta, it became apparent through radio transmissions that the fire base was under imminent attack from a large enemy force. A short time later the assault began and it soon became apparent that the enemy intended to overrun the friendly position. The rescue attempt was scrapped and we became involved in assisting those on the ground with our fire-power.

After calmly assuring the American Advisor on the ground that help was on the way CPT Lynn A. Carlson, piloting the lead gunship, led our flight into position. His pilot/gunner was CPT Robert R. Gamber. Flying the number two slot was 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman and his pilot/gunner 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis. Bringing up the trail position were my-self with CW2 Loy D. Maples as pilot/gunner. Stressing the urgency of the situation on the ground the American Advisor, CPT O’Brien, called for our ordnance on the northeastern perimeter where the bulk of the assault was taking place. CPT Carlson rolled in, placing extremely accurate suppressive fire in that spot and 1LT Sheuerman and I rolled in behind him. From my trail position I could see that the number one and two ships were taking large amounts of light automatic weapons fire and large caliber anti-aircraft fire. CW2 Maples employed his turret weapons, effectively suppressing a large volume of enemy fire. CPT Carlson and 1LT Sheuerman both called taking fire and as I released my rockets into the enemy positions, 1LT Sheuerman advised CPT Carlson that he had taken numerous hits and would be forced to return to a secure area with hydraulics damage. I was then instructed by CPT Carlson to accompany the damaged aircraft and be of any possible assistance. CPT Carlson then made another pass, as a single ship, to place more ordnance onto the enemy who were breaching the perimeter of Fire Base Delta. CPT Carlson did this because of the, by now, critical situation on the ground and in the face of enemy ground fire, such as I have not seen during two tours in Vietnam – including the initial assault of the Ashau Valley in April 1968.
After being advised by 1LT Sheuerman that everything was under control in his damaged aircraft, I returned to Fire Base Delta in order to provide maximum available fire-power with CPT Carlson. CPT Carlson then led the fire team as we made pass after pass, placing our ordnance as directed by CPT O’Brien. At one point CPT O’Brien called for us to fire directly into his own bunker positions as the enemy ground forces, at least two battalions in strength, had breached the perimeter.

We broke off only long enough to engage a number of 51 Caliber anti-aircraft machine gun positions that had managed to inflict damage to two aircraft in the fire team. After expending our ordnance, a 57th AHC Light Fire Team remained on station while we flew to Kontum for re-arming. We then returned to Delta led by CPT Carlson, whose aircraft was badly damaged but flyable, where we remained on station until the situation on the ground had stabilized.

Statement of LTC Charles W. Bagnal

On 3 April 1972, I witnessed many heroic actions by AH-1G crews of the 361st Aerial Weapons Company and the 57th Assault Helicopter Company. On this date an operation was planned using 4 UH-1H and 6 AH-1G helicopters to rescue U.S. and Vietnamese wounded personnel from Fire Support Base Delta, hill 421. The rescue was planned for first light; however, the enemy had also planned a two battalion attack on Fire Support Base Delta at the same time. While the gunships were orbiting to the east, the fire support base came under heavy artillery attack followed by a ground attack just at dawn.

The gunships were called for and delivered devastating fire around and on top of the fire support base to effectively stop the attack. Set up around the fire support base were at least five NVA 51 caliber anti-aircraft positions. Despite the devastating fire, all gunships involved made repeated low level passes to stop the enemy attack. During this time, three of the gunships involved were hit by enemy fire, but this did not deter them from accomplishing their mission. The gunships were credited with preventing the fire base from being overrun and were credited with 200 NVA killed in action by body count.

The gallantry in action and devotion to duty of the following named personnel on this date saved many friendly lives:

CPT Lynn A. Carlson
CPT Robert R. Gamber
1LT Michael H. Sheuerman
1LT Ronnie G. Lewis
CW2 Daniel E. Jones
CW2 Loy D. Maples

Narrative accompanying A & D Citation on behalf of 361st AWC pilots

On 3 April 1972, a heavy fire team of three AH-1G Cobra gunships of the 361st Aerial Weapons Company (Airmobile) arrived in the vicinity of Fire Support Base Delta, Kontum Province, RVN, prior to dawn to participate in a voluntary attempt to extract the five man crew of a CH-47 Chinook helicopter shot down on the fire base four days previously. The Cobras were flown by air mission commander, Captain Lynn A. Carlson, and his copilot/gunner, Captain Robert R. Gamber; by 1LT Michael H. Sheuerman, and his copilot/gunner, 1LT Ronnie G. Lewis; and by CW2 Daniel E. Jones, and his co-pilot/gunner, CW2 Loy D. Maples.

The rescue attempt was abandoned when an NVA force estimated at two reinforced battalions launched a dawn attack on Firebase Delta. Cpt. Carlson immediately reacted to the changed situation and initiated a firing pass on the northeast approaches to the firebase with the fire team under his command. All three Cobras were brought under intense light automatic weapons and large caliber anti-aircraft fire as they accurately delivered their ordnance, and Cpt. Carlson’s and 1LT Sheuerman’s aircraft were hit. Even as he turned to continue the attack, 1LT Sheuerman’s aircraft suffered a hydraulic failure due to the severe damage it had received and he was forced to depart the area, and CW2 Jones provided him with an armed escort to Highway 19 prior to returning to the battle. 1LT Sheuerman successfully flew his crippled aircraft to Kontum airfield where he executed a successful running landing with no further damage to the aircraft.

Shortly after the departure of the other two AH-1G’s, Cpt. Carlson was informed by Cpt. O’Brien, the American advisor on the ground, that his position was being attacked from the northwest as well as the northeast and that the enemy was located in the firebase’s defensive wire. Without hesitation and with complete disregard for his personal safety, Cpt. Carlson engaged the enemy with his lone aircraft and identified three 50 caliber anti-aircraft weapons firing at him and at another light fire team of Cobras attacking the southwestern approaches to the beleaguered firebase. Still single ship, Cpt. Carlson attacked two of the weapons, effectively suppressing their fire with a volley of 2.75 inch rockets and 40 mm grenades as CW2 Jones returned to the area and positioned his aircraft to cover the vulnerable lead ship. Despite the continued heavy volume of enemy fire, the two aircraft made repeated firing passes on the northeast and northwest approaches to the firebase. When Cpt. O’Brien requested fire directly on the bunkers of his position, Cpt. Carlson and CW2 Jones, undaunted by enemy fire, completely expended their aircraft on the position.

Cpt. Carlson and CW2 Jones refueled and rearmed their expended aircraft as quickly as possible, then, despite extensive damage to Cpt. Carlson’s aircraft, both returned to FSB Delta and remained on station until order was restored. The 2nd Airborne Brigade has credited the 361st Cobras with saving the defenders of FSB Delta from total annihilation and with accounting for at least 100 of the 204 confirmed enemy kills. The accuracy and devastation of their attack is confirmed by the fact that none of the enemy succeeded in breaching the northeastern section of the perimeter.


The battle for Delta continued for most of the day. Three days later, as I and other 361st pilots sat in the officer’s club at Camp Holloway, CW2 Walt Zutter, still in the flight suit he was wearing when he was shot down, approached with an outstretched hand. How he had finally gotten himself and his crew off Delta is still another story. It was an emotional moment as he thanked us for being there that day. According to Walt, the bodies of the NVA were “stacked like cordwood” around Delta’s perimeter. There were more than a few wet eyes amongst us there as he stated categorically that we were the reason he, his crew, and all other occupants of Delta were still alive.


Jack Heslin - "The Scribe" <>
Chester, VA USA - Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 17:49:18 (PST)

[ Back to Memories Book Index ]